Please check to see if your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements.
- Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP (only)
- Processor: Pentium® III 800 MHz, AMD 700 MHz, or better
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB of Ram is recommended)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible video card with 32 MB of RAM
- (128 MB of Ram is recommended)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- DirectX 8.1 or higher
- 4X CD-ROM or better
If your computer meets these requirements, most errors are caused by outdated drivers.
1) Left click your "Start" button
2) Left click on "Run"
3) Type in "dxdiag"
4) Left click on "OK"
This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. On the "System" tab you will see your version of DirectX towards the bottom. DirectX 10 is the latest unbeta released version. If you do not have 10 please go to this link to download the latest version
If you left click on the "Display" tab it will show you your video card. On the top left it will show you your hardware manufacturer. On the top right you will see the driver information. The third line down shows the date of the driver. If it is not a recent date (usually within 3 months) please visit your hardware manufacturers website to download the latest drivers.
The manual can be found in the folder you installed the game in.
This sub folder is called Doc.