Technical Support and Information
Please check to see if your computer meets
the System Requirements.
- Operating System: Windows® 2000/XP (only)
- Processor: AMD Athlon 1400 / Athlon XP or Intel compatible
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM or higher recommended)
- 250 MB free hard drive space
- 3D-Graphic accelerator with GeForce 3
- or Radeon compatible with DirectX® 9 or higher
- DirectX® 8 or higher compatible Sound Card
- CD-ROM-Drive, Keyboard & Mouse, Joystick recommended
- Multiplayer via LAN with broadband internet connection
Before Installing Seawolves
You must have patch 1.4b installed before installing Seawovles. If you installed Seawovles first, you will have to uninstall Silent Hunter III and reinstall it. Once you have a clean install of the original game install patch 1.4b for the version you have. Once the patch is installed you can install Seawolves and it will run.
There has been some issues with pressing the button on the install disc. Sometimes the button does not start the download. Please use link below to download the needed patch 1.4b.
Silent Hunter III Patches
Silent Hunter III Patch Downloads
If your computer meets these requirement, most errors are caused by outdated drivers.
1) Left click your "Start" button
2) Left click on "Run"
3) Type in "dxdiag"
4) Left click on "OK
This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. On the "System" tab you will see your version of DirectX towards the bottom. DirectX 10 is the latest unbeta released version. If you do not have 10 please go to this link to download the latest version
If you left click on the "Display" tab it will show you your video card. On the top left it will show you your hardware manufacturer. On the top right you will see the driver information. The third line down shows the date of the driver. If it is not a recent date (usually within 3 months) please visit your hardware manufacturers website to download the latest drivers.